Caronia + Ballet Philippines: The Art of Dance

Caronia's "Art of Dance" nail polish collection to raise funds for Ballet Philippines scholars. Photo by Jessica Rae Mayo.


When I was a little girl, around 6 or 7, I dreamed of becoming a ballerina. I was even thrilled when my aunt told me that I had a ballerina's foot, something about the way it curved gently, I don't know. But I never had the privilege to study ballet, even just for one summer. And so whenever I would tag along with my mom at the CCP for an art show, I could only wistfully gaze at girls my age in their pink tutus practicing, and imagine some of them growing up to be remarkable dancers.

Of course I went on to dream about other things, but ballet has always been something special to me. But to those young ballet dancers out there whose dream is still very much alive, well, Caronia brings you great news!

CARONIA RAISES FUNDS FOR BALLET PHILIPPINES SCHOLARS

Caronia, the country's first producer of nail polish, teams up with Ballet Philippines to support young Filipino dance scholars. To celebrate Ballet Philippines' 45th season, Caronia is releasing "The Art of Dance," a special nail polish collection in three cool colors, cleverly named after classical ballet movements: "Pique" for the salmon shade; "Chasse" for the royal blue shade; and my favorite, "Glissade," in sleek, summer green shade. I love the Glissade so much that I could wear this shade for the entire year!

Available in leading supermarkets, department stores, and health and beauty stores nationwide!


  • The "Art of Dance" box set costs only P99.75.
  • Part of the proceeds of Caronia's "Art of Dance" collection will be donated to Ballet Philippines Foundation's Noordin Jumalon Scholarship Program, which supports the dance education of over 100 students annually.
  • Buying an "Art of Dance" collection pack between March 15, 2014 and January 31, 2015 will give you a chance to win two (2) tickets to Ballet Philippines productions.
  • The "Art of Dance" nail polish collection are Caronia's first ever Toluene, Formaldehyde, and DPB-free, putting them at par with international nail polish brands.


THE MAKINGS OF A PROFESSIONAL DANCER

Five to 6 times a week, 2 to 3 hours on school days, and 8 hours a day during the summer— and this intense training must be sustained for up to 10 years. That's what makes a professional ballet dancer. But with the soaring cost of ballet studies, some scholars are unable to continue with their passion.

Since 1969, the country's premier dance company, Ballet Philippines, has been producing ballet dancers of international caliber, and now, through the help of Caronia, we just might see more of world-class Filipino dancers in the future. And, really, all you have to do is purchase a cool collection of quality nail polish, and already you are supporting young artists, promoting the local arts and culture, while sporting super cute nails!

I've never been much of a nail polish girl, but Caronia's support of something valuable and essential as the art of dance makes me happy and proud to wear the brand. And I'm telling you, the Glissade is so lovely. I can't get over the shade. I'm wearing them on my fingernails right now, while Pique and Chasse are prettily alternating on my toenails.

__________________________________________

For more information, visit:

Caronia's offical website
Caronia Philippines Facebook page


Watch a short ballet preview during the Caronia + Ballet Philippines Media Launch

Comments

Popular Posts